|1. KEEP IT SIMPLE !!!!! You want to arouse the viewer's curiosity and
keep his / her attention. The purpose of the site is to promote your business
and inform the viewer
2. First impressions are the most important. Avoid animation such as dancing penguins
and waving flags. Background music can be irritating especially if the viewer doesn't
like the song. Even though some people like these features, they are not very
professional for a business web site.
3. Use lots of pictures. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words." Be careful about
using slide shows, especially if they take a long time to load. Most viewers don't have
time to waste.
4. Do not have a lot of text with fine print. This will bore the viewer. Say the most
with the least number of words.
5. You should be able to easily navigate the different pages. Have a road map at the top of
each page showing your location.
6. Use pleasant color combinations. Bright pink text on a lime green background
is a no no.
7. It is ideal to keep all of the page content on one screen so the viewer does not have
to scroll down or to the right.
8. The basic categories are:
Home Page - broad overview of the business with links to the other pages.
About Us - description of you and your business.
Details of Products and Services
Pricing / Terms & Conditions
Location / Directions
Links to other relevant web sites.
Contact Us - Names / titles , e mail , phone / fax numbers, mailing address.
|BACK TO HOME PAGE|